How do you know when you need a new roof? There are a bunch of visual hints, consisting of missing shingles, nails popping out, storm damage, roof decking rotten or otherwise harmed and the existence of mold. A drooping or concave roof is another reason that you might need a brand-new roof for your Gainesville home.
Installing a new roof is a big project and one that you ideally do not need to do frequently. If this is your first time and you’re not sure where to start, these are the actions to take when you need a new roofing system.
- Your roofing system first must go through a comprehensive roof inspection if you believe you need a brand-new roof. The existing roof will have to be removed. This work needs to be done by a proficient, licensed expert. Which brings us to …
- Need a new roofing system? You’re going to have to employ a Gainesville GA roofing contractor. In the old days, people opened the Yellow Pages, called around for quotes, and wished for the best. These days, the odds of discovering somebody you prefer to do the work when you need a brand-new roof are much better. Between online reviews and utilizing social networks to get recommendations, you can certainly find someone fantastic. Search for a certified contractor who has been around for a while (Division Kangaroof has been in the roofing business for over 15 years), and if you’re counting on green roofing, make sure your professional has experience. Check to see if there are any problems against him at the BBB, and call previous customers of his.
- The whole system has to be completely inspected. Here’s hoping that you just require a new roof. Here’s what needs to be examined: the structure that supports the roof, flashings and the decking.
- Getting rid of the existing roof material is the next action. Once the shingles are off, it’s time for another assessment. You require a new roof, but you need to understand why. Checking out the plywood that is under the roofing material is essential. If all is well with the plywood, your roofing professional will then set up moisture barriers and tar paper to the existing plywood, along with roofing system vent covers.
- Now … the enjoyable part! As quickly as you knew that there was a need for a brand-new roofing system, you most likely shopped for new shingles. No? OK, well at least comparing the different kinds of shingles would have been a great idea. Never fear. There’s time yet. Get on the Internet and get researching!
Is your Gainesville GA home in need of a brand-new roof? OK, as you can see, it is a little bit of a procedure. With the best roofing contractor, the procedure ought to go efficiently. Also, you can utilize this as a chance to include more venting or insulation to your roofing. It is possible you can even get a tax break for installing a “green” roofing system.