Roofing maintenance is often neglected by numerous Gainesville GA homeowners. Since they do not walk over their roof every day (like you would your walkway, door, or driveway), they do not think to inspect it. That’s why we have to make it a point to deliberately examine our roofing systems frequently.
Now that the seasons are changing and becoming warmer, this is a good time to discuss roofing system maintenance.
Spring idea to guarantee your roofing is strong and healthy
- Clear out your rain gutters— Even throughout winter, debris and leaves and tree branches blow into your gutters and clog them up. Gutters divert water away from your roofing system, so you want me to make sure this path is clear, otherwise, that water will seep into your house. Do not utilize a hose to flush them out, because this can push debris into the downspouts and clog them. Give Division Kangaroof a call to schedule a good cleaning and inspection of your gutters.
- Look for damage— Once the roof is 100% clear of snow and ice, get up there (safely) and do a checkup. Search for cracked, curled or missing shingles, or damage on the flashing, vents, chimney, etc. Take an excellent look and note anything that doesn’t look right. Better yet, give Division Kangaroof a call for a roof inspection to be sure your home is ready for the summer season.
- Rinse your solar panels— If you have solar panels on your roof, they probably just need a mild cleaning. They do not need to be scrubbed, however, make sure they are running at peak performance by hosing off any particles or dirt. Despite the fact that your panels are exceptionally durable, I do not advise standing on them.
- Search for fungus, algae or mold— While you’re inspecting your roof, watch out for intruders that will ultimately make their way into your house. Fungi and algae can grow on the outdoors and can be treated with zinc. The mold would be inside your attic and need to be gotten rid of by trained professionals.
- Trim branches that hang over your roofing system— The weight of snow plus the weak point of trees during the winter can make branches sag and compromise the internal structure of trees. If you have any trees that hang near your home, make sure they aren’t in danger of falling. Cut off any branches that hang over your roof since these can just cause issues later.
If you have any issues about the stability of your roofing, now is still a good time to talk to a Gainesville GA roofing contractor like Division Kangaroof. We have over 15 years of experience and can quickly access any damage to your roof. Check out our areas served page to see if we are in your area.